home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Monday, March 24, 2014

Mod Mix Monday #145

 via
Whew! We made it to spring! Spring is my favorite time of the year.
Pinks and turquoise and all those colors above make me very happy.

I was so busy last week with the new job that I totally missed out on celebrating St. Patrick's Day
and the first day of Spring. 

But that is ok, soon things will be on track for me.

Let's take a look at the things linked up last week that knocked me out...
 First, a new blogger linked up with her little 1928 cottage. 
Kassie of A Couple of Pounds wowed
me with her colorful living room and it's modern and vintage touches.
Look at the color of that tile on the fireplace! I see several items from good ol' Pier 1.
Above all is a fabulous wedding cake chandelier which is original to the house. 
Just look at this sweet little spring banner made by Darrielle of DD's Cottage and Design!
She shares how to make your own on her blog.
Tanya at Twelve O Eight is busy making Easter treats already.
Aren't these too cute? Love the candy grass. 
Suzanne of Simply Suzannes shared spring touches and lots of green around her house.
I'm crazy for that green china. I had a lady come in Pier 1 one time with this china in turquoise.
She said she bought it at TJ Maxx. Which means you might find it at HomeGoods too.

Now this next group I could not resist because they all had a common theme.
Let's see if you can guess what it is.
 Angela of Number Fifty Three got a new rug and gave it a review.
Looks like someone else gave it two paws up too!
Always good to have the official kitty paw seal of approval.
Here's another little putty cat that is enjoying something new in the house.
Abby of Abby's Way made herself a pretty ruffled tablecloth.
 It's kitty approved.
Anne of Design Dreams by Anne showed off her guest bedroom makeover 
which included this Simply Shabby Chic bedding from Target.
 It was 100% kitty approved too!

Weren't these all the sweetest of cats? Almost makes me want one...almost.

I would if I didn't have four crazy weenies.

Share your Mod Mix's in this week's party below.

Remember anything old made over to be new...anything new changed up to look old.
New and old together...
Please include the Mod Mix Monday logo and back link to me.
Use a permalink to your individual post not to your entire blog.

If you link up...I'd appreciate it, if you'd follow me.





31 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe I'm the first one here for once when I'm usually late to the party! So many great Spring colors in your features. This makes me happy! Thanks for hosting Nita and blessings to you,
Patti

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Great features this week, Nita, and I'm loving the kitty cats too.

Hope your week is off to an extraordinary star!

ANNE said...

How funny that so many of us featured our cats! Thank you for including me in your lovely features. Have a great week Nita!

Tarnished Royalty said...

You always find the best pics for your post Nita, that top one today makes my heart go pitter pat! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

the cape on the corner said...

kitties! love! and that colorful living room. so refreshing for spring. gimme some color!

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

You made my morning, Nita! Thank you so much for the lovely feature!
And another big thank you for hosting :0)
Have a wonderful week,
Suzanne

Abby said...

Thank you for featuring us as well!
What would a house be with out our four-legged friends!

Vintage Paint and more... said...

Nita, so many great features - I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite but, I do love the Spring banner... thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week... Cathy

Unknown said...

Great features. Love those banners! Thanks for hosting another great one.

Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

What fabulous features! Thanks so much for hosting!

Revi said...

Thanks for hosting a great party, Nita! My daughter is looking for a house in OKC today...so I'll be visiting. We should get together for coffee!

Debby said...

Great features. Sorry I have commented for awhile. I read sometimes on my Kindle in bed and it's hard to comment. Anywhooo, congrats on the new job. I love your attitude. If you don't like it you WILL find something else. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new job.

DD's Cottage said...

Thanks for hosting and the great features. Can't wait to check them out. Thank you for featuring my Spring Banner.

Debra@CommonGround said...

kitty approved! anyone who has kitties know what camera hogs they are. Love that Spring banner!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Love all the features this week! Thanks for hosting another great party this week....hugs, Penny

Crystelle Boutique said...

thanks for this fab mod party!!!
:) Have a happy week!!
“hugs” Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

It seems cats are very trendy in decoration lately... Good thing I have mine ;)

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Happy Spring Nita. Thanks for Mod Mix Monday.
Joy

Mary said...

Hi Nita! I always love your blog headers and the new Easter header is adorable. I'm absolutely drooling over the turquoise cabinet and the lavender wallpaper! Have a blessed week, Mary

Ricki Treleaven said...

Super features from last week, and I really love the inspirational photo today. :D The wallpaper and armoire are fantastic! :D

Cindi Myers said...

Great picks as always!
Maybe I'll take a photo of my new kitty and link up!
LOL!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Nita! So glad to be able to join you this week! Thank you!

Number Fifty-Three said...

Linking up super late tonight, but wanted to quickly thank you for featuring my new rug and my kitty, Figaro! Have a great week!

Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Thanks for the party.
Have a great week.
Denise

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the feature Nita!! I love all of those cute kitties too :)

xo, Tanya

Unknown said...

Great party, as always! So many colourful spring ideas! I especially loved the easter candy (of course).

~Ana Smith | Home Cleaning Ladbroke Grove

karen@somewhatquirky said...

That green china. I do miss some stuff by not going to Homegoods.
Thanks for the party. How was work last week?

Kassie said...

It's so sweet of you to feature me, Nita! Thanks so much. I love all of the features, especially that "spring" banner. Have a great week!

Melanie, LostandFoundDecor.com said...

Love that first living room.The pops of color are perfect. Have a great wee!

Melanie, LostandFoundDecor.com said...

oops, I meant to say have a great "week"! haha

Unknown said...

Whoa! I love the blue cabinet, it is totally attractive. Thanks for sharing these awesome blogs, I will surely visit them all! And apparently, I’m spectacularly in love with the yellow couch! Awesome!

Sebastian of
Granny Flat Super Store