home my cottage projects book club shop featured my buttons advertise

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Deke's Dumpster

on 2 Broke Girls
Do you watch 2 Broke Girls on CBS?
I do. 
I think we are on year three. 
I have to say year one...I didn't think it would make it to year two much less three. 
But it's gotten better with time and now I really look forward to it each week.
That's Max's boyfriend Deke above.
He lives in a dumpster. Yes, a dumpster. I think this might totally be doable.
Talk about tiny houses!

So, Magali at

recently did a post about a show she was watching just because she was interested in the decor 
of the main character's apartment. Or rather the changing decor.

That got me to thinking...there are shows I watch that I pay much more attention to the sets than the action. 
And ever since Deke's dumpster house made an appearance on 2 Broke Girls I've been much more excited about watching the show.
 The two broke girls themselves. They are suppose to be down and out but Max's apartment looks pretty nice to me. They have a patio for goodness sake in New York City!
A horse lives on their patio...which is not practical but I want to talk about Deke's Dumpster.
In this shot, Max learns that Deke lives in a Dumpster. She thinks its way cool.
Especially since it's located outside her cupcake window.
Only downside is he has to move it every Tuesday to miss trash pickup!
 Deke and Max had a dinner party and invited everyone from the diner. 
The top on the dumpster opens up for added head room. See the windows above Caroline's head?
Deke turns a crank handle to make them pop up.

This episode when he had the dinner party...I've watched several times. It just made me laugh and laugh. If you missed it. It's On-Demand now. 
A futon works as bed and sofa. Deke is sitting on the kitchen counter.
Take a tour of the dumpster provided by Deke, himself.

Now don't knock it till you view the video. It actually has a industrial, steam punk, old pub vibe.
It's really quite chic!
I have to say since introducing his dumpster home to the story line I can't wait for the next episode.
Each week, I'm like -  I hope some of this week's story takes place in the dumpster!
I'm fascinated by it! 

Is there a show you watch just to see the sets?

8 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

I watched some of 2 Broke Girls in the first season but only tuned in once since because I saw they were having that Gilles character on it. (To be honest I'm watching something else on another channel although I won't admit to what it is.)
In answer to your question - YES!
I watch "Rules of Engagement" to see the married couples apartment and what she's wearing.
I still periodically watch "Fatal Attraction" because I'm completely in love with Glenn Close's loft. (Hmmm, I might watch that today as I clean house!)
You know I have a small home and some day I hope to build something smaller but DEFINITELY not one of those tiny homes on wheels that you got to plug in the electricity to some other source and while the "dumpster" is funny and cute. No way!
(well, maybe if it was next to a coffee place with a clean bathroom) and I'd have to paint the inside of it all white and bleached woods shelves and....

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I watched it when it first started, but quit soon after. Now you've got me interested again, so I will be watching It this week.

Kit said...

I love the sets in the movie Sleepless in Seattle, Gilmore Girls and Mad About You. I know! All so very different. :) Kit

lucy said...

Love Modern Family's Phil and Claires house. Also Cam's and Mitchell. Gloria and Jays is cute but too modern for my taste. Used to watch Reba loved her house.

Scribbler said...

I watch this too. Ray thinks it is dumb, but I think it is very funny. I too am intrigued with the dumpster -- it looks pretty cool.

Unknown said...

I loved Sally Field's house in Brothers and Sisters. Even the backyard was gorgeous. I was so sad when they canceled the show.
Traci

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thank you so much for mentionning me, Nita! I'm adding Two Broke Girls to my "To Watch List" as I'm now quite intrigued by the dumpster!

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

I still lust after Jessica Lange's apt in Tootsie. Must have been all that pink!